Andrea Gregg is a Licensed Professional Counselor and owner of Hope Grows Center for Counseling,…
Chief's Commission on Community Connection & Outreach
Sustain positive, lasting bonds between the Tuscaloosa Police Department and the community.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- Promote community/neighborhood and overall City involvement and participation
- Participate in meaningful dialogue that can inform departmental decisions on community policing efforts
- Research and generate new ideas and report informed recommendations related to crime prevention, intervention
Goals & Objectives
- Finding resources and implementing programs that encourage police-community interactions
- Creating a process where board members act as a two-way conduit between the community and police department to convey concerns
- Collecting and providing insight into police “blind spots” regarding activities and attitudes of the public from the areas they represent
- Building a system for identifying, gathering and analyzing current and existing data, as well as identifying possible gaps in data to develop more meaningful outreach efforts
- Identifying pockets of the community where trust in law enforcement has eroded and make specific recommendations for ways to establish positive relationships.
- Support and encourage partnerships between businesses, community members and the Tuscaloosa Police Department, participation in anti-violence and crime programs and increased communication between PD and community resource agencies.
- Study statistical data, public health models and poverty data to determine where to allocate police department resources and consider non-traditional ways of partnering with community groups to target and prioritize the highest risk threats to public safety in Tuscaloosa.
Severn “Sebo” Sanders | Project Team Leader
Scott Holmes | Deputy Project Team Leader
LaParry Howell | Ex-Officio
LaShonda Kemp | Ex-Officio