Andrea Gregg is a Licensed Professional Counselor and owner of Hope Grows Center for Counseling,…
Chief's Commission on Recruitment, Training & Retention
Sustain positive, lasting bonds between the Tuscaloosa Police Department and the community while enhancing recruiting, training and retaining the most qualified and diverse workforce.Thank you for reading this post, don't forget to subscribe!
- Work to increase and maintain a highly trained and diverse workforce
- Research and generate new ideas and report informed recommendations related to crime prevention and intervention, training and response effectiveness informed recommendations related to crime prevention, intervention.
Goals & Objectives
The commission seeks to forge and strengthen relationships between citizens and the Tuscaloosa Police Department. Commission members will work in their neighborhoods, churches or other organizations to gather suggestions and note any concerns regarding crime and public safety. Likewise, members will assist the department in educating Tuscaloosa residents about law enforcement goals and other crime and safety matters.
- Review portions of recruitment and ongoing training programs and making recommendations on future training to ensure officers police with compassion, empathy, integrity and honed communication skills.
- Examine the police department’s retirement and pay plans to not just attract, but also retain officers.
- Explore funding sources to train more officers to serve in TPD’s Behavioral Health Unit.
- Support Tuscaloosa Police Department’s efforts to increase diversity.
- Encouraging training that focuses on community policing and intelligence-led policing strategies to ensure the Tuscaloosa Police Department is using the most forward-thinking, current methods of keeping our community safe.
- Identify gaps in training that address emerging public safety concerns.
Severn “Sebo” Sanders | Project Team Leader
Scott Holmes | Deputy Project Team Leader
LaParry Howell | Ex-Officio
LaShonda Kemp | Ex-Officio